Mergate Cottage Country Bed & Breakfast.
Whatever your reason for visiting, a warm welcome awaits you at Mergate Cottage.
A stones throw from Hethel, Mulbarton, Wymondham, and Norwich City
Mergate cottage country Bed & Breakfast, was built in the 17th Century for the coachman of the adjacent Mergate Hall. Although extended and modernised, the cottage retains its great charm and has picturesque and historic surroundings.
The Cottage Suite is contained within a private wing of the house. Enjoy breakfast of your choice served in the downstairs dining room or conservatory. In the summer months breakfast may be taken in the sheltered and secluded garden, in the company of the Mergate Hall Peacocks.
If it's business or a leisure break, Mergate Cottage Country Bed & Breakfast is ideally situated in South Norfolk for Bracon Ash, Mulbarton, Norwich and Wymondham and the many businesses and attractions in the area, such as Lotus Cars at Hethel, Snetterton Circuit, The Norfolk Broads, and Norwich Castle.
Some of the many great things about Mergate Cottage Country Bed & Breakfast and its surroundings:
- The Cottage has ample off-road parking for cars and trailers.
- WiFi internet access free of charge.
- Centrally heated throughout.
- Shopping in Norwich City. 7.9 miles
- Carrow Road - Norwich City Football Club: 7.4 miles
- Excellent restaurants and pubs offering real ales and good food nearby.
- Countryside footpaths and trails nearby.
- Wymondham Market Town.
- Historic Abbey, Bridewell Museum.
- Norwich Castle.
- Norfolk Broads: 18 miles.
- Sandringham House & Gardens, Her Majesty's Norfolk Home: 56 miles.
- National Trust Houses, Holkham, Blickling, Somerleyton.
- Tas Valley Walk: 100 metres.
- Seaside towns and beaches.
- Snetterton Motor-racing circuit: 15 miles.
- Lotus Cars, Hethel: 2.2 miles
- Beautiful Golf courses: Dunston Hall, Royal Norfolk, Bawburgh, Wensum Valley and more!
Staying for Business?
Mergate Cottage Bed & Breakfast is ideally situated for the Lotus Cars site and recently-established Hethel Engineering Centre (Group Lotus, Potash Ln, Hethel), as well as the many other businesses which thrive around Norwich, Wymondham, Mulbarton and Bracon Ash. Norfolk Constabulary Headquarters are conveniently situated close-by, as is the University of East Anglia.
Staying for Leisure?
For those on a short leisure break, historic Norwich with its big city amenities is just seven miles, Snetterton motor racing is 30 minutes away and the Tas Valley Walk passes less than 100 metres from the front door. Several other footpaths give access to unspoilt countryside and picturesque local villages.